14 years ago today, I started this show and began an amazing journey of self-discovery, growth, and service. And, 14 years ago today, I felt like a loser. I had no hope and I believed this was as good as it was going to get.
Well, I was so wrong. This show has brought me so many lessons and so much guidance. It showed me these windows of possibility that I was then able to show all of you, and we learned about what’s really possible together.
Every guest that comes on brings their own journeys and insights that I have felt so grateful to receive. From Brené Brown to Simon Sinek, each one has brought nuggets of wisdom for you and me to absorb and I am so grateful for that.
Psst… I have a new Dare to Lead™ program that’s based on Brené’s research. We start November 5th. Apply now!
And, of course, one of the things I am most grateful for is all of you. You’ve come back, week after week, and allowed me to be in your ears sharing my journey and insights. You’ve allowed me to be of service, and you’ve all been of service to me. So, thank you.
In today’s episode, I’m going to share 14 things I’ve learned in the 14 years of this show. There have been so many aha moments, so many episodes that you all told me you were touched and inspired by. I’m going to share how these 14 years brought me back to myself over and over again, how I learned to trust my inner wisdom, and how I learned that there is no right way to live this messy, brilliant life. It has been an honor and a privilege to be in your ears each week, so thank you.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why I started this show and 14 lessons I’ve learned.
- How I landed so many amazing guests.
- That talent is created, not born.
- Why it is better to evaluate on the pick-up, not the drop-off.
- How anger shows you the path back to yourself.
- Why compassion isn’t about indulgence.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Apply to my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Episodes with Jeff Opdyke
- Chariots of Fire – movie
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
- My Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor
- Inside the Mindset of a High Performer- 3 Time Paralympian Mark Barr
- Episodes with Peter Walsh
- TEDX: The Power of Vulnerability with Brené Brown
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- What Simon Sinek revealed to me
- Episodes with Harriet Lerner
- Scott Weltz – Against the Odds
- Kristin Neff: Effects of Compassion
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.