We are all leaders of our lives, and we get to choose to either let life happen to us or be deliberate in creating the life we really want. It takes a lot of courage to get clear on what you want and then go after it.
When you are brave enough to declare and pursue what you want, there’s a vulnerability that follows. We begin dress-rehearsing tragedy in an attempt to prevent ourselves from being disappointed if we don’t get our desired outcome.
This process of protecting yourself from disappointment is at a huge cost to you, and it’s imperative to manage your mindset. Stop selling yourself short and remember that you are resilient, courageous, and can handle whatever comes your way.
I invite you to consider what you want to spend your time thinking about. Remember that disappointment is temporary and is simply a feeling that comes from the story you tell yourself about the desired outcome. Managing your mind and putting yourself out there will make you feel amazing.
Join me this week as I’m showing you how to respond to disappointment and understand your feelings and the stories that you’re telling yourself. I’m explaining the importance of learning to live in uncertainty and showing you how to develop the courage to go after what you want in life!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why it can be difficult to figure out what you want.
- How to truly value yourself.
- What vulnerability is and why it doesn’t feel good.
- How to manage your mindset.
- Why you need to stop trying to prevent disappointment.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up for the waitlist for my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Share your story with me on Instagram!