Money is a huge shame trigger. You may think that you don’t make enough money because you’re not worth it. Or you may think you make too much money, and you don’t deserve what you have. Whatever end of the wealth spectrum you’re coming from, money can be a major source of shame and self-loathing.
You have to tell yourself new stories about yourself and your relationship with money – and actually believe them.
I used to have really negative money beliefs. I thought that money didn’t come to people like me. I tried to hide that my parents and I didn’t have enough money to pay for my college education. But I also believed that to have money, you had to cheat and be evil – and I didn’t want to do that.
But I changed my story about money by learning how to manage my mindset.
In this episode, I’m sharing my story about money, shame, and how I realized that money was just a neutral – not good, or bad, or straight-up evil. I’m talking about why your relationship with yourself is the core of your relationship to money, how we pick up ideas from society that we don’t really believe, and how to rehabilitate your relationship with money.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in iTunes. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How I committed to going to college, even though I had a financially tumultuous childhood and a difficult relationship with money
- The importance of showing yourself compassion when decluttering your money stories
- Some of the new stories around money I’ve created and why they must be true if you want them to work
- Why money is a neutral circumstance – not an indication of your worth
- How you can start to manage your money mindset
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Check out the 3-hour Mindset Practice Workshop!
- When you can wear fake UGGS!!! [DEEP DIVE]
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
- Carol Dweck: What makes people succeed
- My interview with Carol Dweck
- “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer
- The lens we look through [DEEP DIVE]
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community