If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. This quote from Dr. Wayne Dyer is one of my favorite sayings in the world. It shifted things for me in some really amazing ways, and I think it may be helpful for you, too.
This episode uses that quote as a springboard to talk about the lenses we use to view our lives and the events that happen around us. We all use different lenses in different situations, and these lenses have a powerful effect on our feelings – and stories – about our lives.
What are the lenses you use to look at the world? Lenses of fear, judgment, and skepticism? Or lenses of compassion and empathy?
Carefully consider which lenses you allow to color your perspective, and when. Are you constantly judging your actions by whether or not they’ll make you seem stupid? Or are you viewing the world with a soft focus full of compassion for yourself and others?
Listen in as I talk in depth about the different lenses we use in our lives and the importance of knowing which one you’re using at a given time. I share how I’ve identified these lenses in my own life and work and how I’ve changed them when they aren’t serving me. I also give you some easy steps for choosing a lens that feels better + requires less mental energy to maintain than a lens of fear or shame.
Like what you hear? I have some great news for you: the new ENOUGH group registration is open. Sign up for a consult to find out how ENOUGH can change your life.
Do you want to take what you’ve learned from this episode to the next level? Check out my ENOUGH coaching program. Together, we combine the concepts and lessons from this show with coaching to go way beyond intellectual learning. You’ll learn to silence critical internal voices that tell you you’re not enough, integrate self-love into your everyday life, and build resilience against shame and other difficult experiences. The next group begins in April 2019 – join me and create your most badass self!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What I mean by the “lens” we look through
- How lenses affect the way we see ourselves and live our lives
- Why it’s important to be aware of the lens you’re looking through
- How to choose a new lens that makes more room for empathy + compassion in your day-to-day life
- Why you should consider the results and feelings you want as you consider what lens to use
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Ready to join the ENOUGH program? Join the April 2019 ENOUGH program.
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Dr. Wayne Dyer
- Carol Dweck | My interview with Carol Dweck
- My interview with Todd Kashdan: What it means to be mentally healthy + successful
- My interview with Dan Pink
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community