Have you ever been in the position where you put off or resist doing something even though you want the results, because you feel overwhelmed, can’t be bothered, or don’t think you can do it?
So many of my clients experience resistance in their lives, and they think they’re the only ones going through it. But we all have resistance, it’s ingrained in our brains, but the key is learning how to overcome it.
When something feels overwhelming or difficult, it’s natural to resist taking the first step. You might tell yourself that you don’t think you can do it, or you don’t know where to begin. But there’s a simple solution to overcoming resistance, and it’s available to you once you become aware that your thoughts are just stories created in your mind.
I invite you to ask yourself, what is the story you’re telling yourself about that thing you’re resisting? Is it really true, or is it just your brain trying to protect you from the unknown?
In this episode, I’m showing you how to identify the reasons you are resisting and sharing some tips to help you overcome resistance and achieve your goals. I explain the effects of resistance and how overcoming it will enable you to create the life you truly desire. Not everything has to be hard, my friend. Go out there and overcome your resistance!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How resistance might show up for you.
- The importance of cultivating habits and a routine in your life.
- What dress rehearsing tragedy is and why it doesn’t serve you.
- Why evaluating during this process is crucial.
- Why you might be resisting things in your life.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up for the waitlist for my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.