When I use the word “vision,” a lot of people automatically switch off. They think “vision” sounds like such a grand, intimidating idea that they’re not sure how it fits into their life. But when I’m talking about creating a vision, I’m talking about a simple practice that will help you get clear on what you really want.
There are different visions you can commit to in all the areas of your life. And if you take the time to clarify your vision, you can allow things to unfold with a softer focus.
Take your friendships for example. As life changes and you head into new phases, it’s helpful to have a vision for who you want to have around you and how you want to spend time with them. Maybe you no longer see your friends in the quad, or in line picking up little ones from school. Envisioning a new, weekly coffee date with your longtime bestie could be a great way to keep her in your life.
When crafting a vision, there are several key things to keep in mind: Stop playing small. Give yourself permission to want what you want. And accept that obstacles are part of the process.
This episode is full of guidance for creating a vision in each important area of your life. I give several examples of areas where you can develop a vision, why you have to give yourself permission to take charge of your life, and how to work with your obstacles instead of let them deter you. I’ve found visions to be a really powerful tool for crafting the life I have now – a life I really love.
If you’re interested in what you heard today but need help with believing in your vision, why don’t you check out my one-time, 3-hour Mindset Workshop?
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in iTunes. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The different visions you can have for your life
- Why it’s important to have a soft focus on your vision, rather than trying to force it to happen like you think it should
- How to stop playing small + waiting for others to choose you and choose yourself instead
- The important role vulnerability plays when you’re creating a vision for your life
- Why it’s important to remind yourself (and others) of your vision over and over again
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Check out the 3-hour Mindset Practice Workshop!
- Two types of focus [DEEP DIVE]
- Being a newbie [DEEP DIVE]
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community