How many times have you started something new, determined to become an expert in as little time possible? You pray that you won’t have to deal with the messy part, the lessons, and the experience. Where does that habit prevent you from actually learning in your life?
When we do new things, we are going to make mistakes.
I’ve got a story for you today about something that seems really insignificant, but my desire for perfection in this scenario is the perfect metaphor for what everyone goes through when we try something new, especially with the intention of mastering it.
To get to a place of mastery, you have to go through the perception of wasting time through falling down. That’s how we get there. You have to embrace the process.
Join me on the podcast this week to discover how you can slow down, calm down, and tackle new things from a mindful and considered place, without panic and a fear of making mistakes. Talent is created, not born. With that in mind, what can we do to create mastery when doing something new and uncomfortable? Well, tune in and find out.
Like what you hear? I have some great news for you: the new ENOUGH group registration is open. Sign up for a consult to find out how ENOUGH can change your life.
Do you want to take what you’ve learned from this episode to the next level? Check out my ENOUGH coaching program. Together, we combine the concepts and lessons from this show with coaching to go way beyond intellectual learning. You’ll learn to silence critical internal voices that tell you you’re not enough, integrate self-love into your everyday life, and build resilience against shame and other difficult experiences. The next group begins in May 2019 – join me and create your most badass self!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why time spent that ends in mistakes is not time wasted at all
- How a fear of wasted time prevents us from mastering anything
- Why perfection isn’t actually 100% polished 100% of the time
- Where we waste our brain juice and energy in our day-to-day
- How the CTFD method helped me and will help you when approaching anything new
- Why, even if you are good at something the first time, you still need practice to achieve mastery
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Ready to join the ENOUGH program? Join the May 2019 ENOUGH program.
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Chemex Coffee Maker
- Calm the F*** Down (CTFD) Method
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community