“Big change is a culmination of lots of small change,” Ariane told me before going on air.
Ariane de Bonvoisin is an author, speaker, coach, and entrepreneur. One of her specialties is personal and professional change. In this Wisdom Wednesday episode, which originally aired in 2014, Ariane and I have a conversation about change and perseverance.
Why are some people successful in making personal and professional change while others get stuck at roadblocks along the way? Those who are successful have a different kind of relationship with time. They aren’t in a rush, it is not about proving to themselves that they can make a change quickly, and they aren’t blaming themselves for not doing it years ago.
Another thing that successful change makers have is a strong “why.” When you have a strong “why” it becomes a catalyst for change and other elements like time, perseverance, and action fall into place. Listen in to hear Ariane and I discuss why internal changes are the most important type of change that you can make, how to overcome the stumbling blocks that you encounter, and how to make changes last.
I invite you to get out of your own way and start making internal changes within yourself as well as change how you see yourself. Remember, you have power and control over your view of yourself.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why some people are successful at change
- Why internal change needs to come first
- How to focus on who you need to be to pursue your dreams
- Why you should skip making new year’s resolutions
- What change demons are
- Why perseverance is the key to change
- What support is needed for change to happen
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Ariane’s book: The First 30 Days
- Ariane’s website
- Ariane’s Facebook page
- Ariane’s Twitter account
- My interview with Simon Sinek: Start with Why
- Get my new on demand workshop: Trusting Yourself
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.