You’re a hard worker.
You’re a high achiever.
You’ve been taught, “Good things happen to those who work hard.”
When you don’t think you are ENOUGH … you then go into overdrive and OVERACHIEVE.
Work longer hours.
Do more for others.
Sacrifice yourself for the good of others.
You’ve literally run out of time.
Your relationships are hurting.
I realize you’ve been taught to just work harder than everyone else and you’ll be successful.
You’ve also been taught your weaknesses are different than your strengths. However, it’s actually your strengths that become your weaknesses.
Your strength is your work ethic and that you’re a high achiever.
When you don’t believe you are ENOUGH and are rooted in SHAME (voice of “I’m not ENOUGH), you take your strength of being a high achiever and crank your work ethic to OVERACHIEVER.
- Overachievers are highly self-critical.
- Overachievers are never satisfied.
- Overachievers don’t have good boundaries.
- Overachievers eventually don’t like themselves.
- Overachievers don’t know when to stop.
- Overachievers can’t stop until exhaustion, your health, or broken relationships stop you.
Dial it back to being a high achiever – your strength.
- You can be a high achiever and have high goals with proper boundaries.
- You can be a high achiever and have loving + connected relationships.
- You can be a high achiever and do meaningful work.
- You can be a high achiever and be a valued leader in your company/organization.
- You can be a high achiever and recognize your strengths as well as areas for growth.
- You can be a high achiever and take care of yourself.
- You can be a high achiever and have high goals that you can obtain.
- You can be a high achiever and strive for excellence.
Remember, it’s our weaknesses that we dial up from our strengths to overcome our current situation.
Instead of dialing up your achievERness to extreme heights, so that you exhaust yourself, jeopardizing your health and relationships, stay grounded in your strength.
Be the person who has high goals and a high work ethic with proper boundaries that support you and allow you to be connected to those you love … as you obtain your goals.
I promise you, you can achieve with your strengths. No need to over achieve. Want a little help creating boundaries? Join an upcoming workshop.