Do you ever wish someone would swoop in and save you from your life? Maybe work has been especially hard lately, or you’re going through a difficult time in a relationship. It’s tempting to want someone to come take care of you. We all do this.
I call this White Knight syndrome – wanting someone to come save you so that you don’t have to deal with life’s messes.
We usually want the White Knight to come save us when we’re feeling vulnerable or having a hard time believing in ourselves. But being saved isn’t really the answer. We need to remember that saving ourselves always feels so much better.
Notice when you want the White Knight to show up most. Then remind yourself that it’s not supposed to be easy, and that you can do hard things.
In this episode, I’m talking about White Knight syndrome and times I’ve identified it in myself. You’ll discover the connection between vulnerability and wanting to be saved, how to remind yourself that you are the leader of your own life, and why you should stop looking for the easy path forward and embrace saving yourself.
I also talk about the effect the White Knight syndrome often has on men, who are frequently discouraged from being vulnerable or messy, and how to hold space for people in your life to work through feelings of vulnerability.
If you’re interested in what you heard today but need help with believing in your vision, why don’t you check out my one-time, 3-hour Mindset Workshop?
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in iTunes. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What White Knight syndrome is
- Why it’s so common for us to want someone to come and save us
- How to identify when you most commonly want a White Knight to come and save you
- Why vulnerability is the path to the life you want – even though it can feel difficult
- How White Knight syndrome often affects men and prevents them from being vulnerable
- Why it’s so satisfying to be your own Knight and save yourself
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Check out the 3-hour Mindset Practice Workshop!
- Brené Brown
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community