Have you ever noticed that when you go through something hard, you keep on going, then suddenly when there’s nothing that needs to be done urgently anymore, you fall apart? As though your mind or body just stops functioning?
It happened to me recently after going through a particularly difficult time. I kept it together when I needed to, and then my cup became empty, and I pretty much collapsed. I had to establish what I needed to fill back up and keep going.
In the past, I would say that when we go through tough times, it’s so important to get back up. But there’s something before that – a contextual layer – and it’s asking ourselves, “What do I need?”
My invitation for you this week is to bravely ask yourself what you need, and give yourself space for the answer to come. It may not make sense, but listening to what you need will enable you to fill back up and continue on your way. It will help you care for yourself so that you can care for others.
Join me this week as I show you how to give yourself permission to do whatever you need in the moment and the importance of taking the first step. I’m showing you how to surrender your to-do list and all that you need to do when your cup is empty, and discover what you need to do to fill yourself up in the moment.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The importance of giving yourself space.
- Why it requires courage to ask yourself what you need.
- How to recognize when your cup is empty and do what you need to do to fill it up.
- The importance of asking for what we need.
- How to figure out the next steps when you don’t know where to go next.
- Why taking care of yourself should not be last on your to-do list.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Death by a thousand cuts
- Space: Types + why it’s important