One of my favorite sayings in recent months is ‘death by a thousand cuts.’ It’s the concept of small cuts building up over time that can lead to the death of our souls. How we talk to ourselves can be a cut, and life is hard enough without cutting ourselves.
How often do you show up and apologize for how you look before there is even a connection with the other person? How often do you highlight what you perceive to be your flaws to others? These are the cuts I’m talking about, and these cuts are so detrimental to our wellbeing.
When we are critical about how we look, our own intelligence, or anything else about ourselves, we are cutting ourselves. These small cuts over time lead to us losing hope and possibility, and we become apathetic. Is this really how you want to live your one precious life?
This week I invite you to own all of your story and love all parts of yourself. Give yourself the permission to not be perfect. Understand how these cuts are affecting you and recognize that it’s time to start thriving and enjoying your one precious life from a place of wholeheartedness.
In this episode, I’m sharing how cultural programming and patriarchy have left us believing that we are supposed to always be perfect and put together, and why we don’t have to be perfect to be worthy. Letting go of perfection and fully showing up as yourself is empowering, so I’m showing you how to stop looking for your faults and instead look at the beauty you have inside of yourself.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why we need to be more deliberate in how we talk to ourselves.
- The cost of not showing up as your true self.
- Why perfection is a myth.
- How to stop being hard on yourself and prioritize your wellbeing.
- What cognitive dissonance is and when you might experience it.
- How to start treating yourself with more kindness and less judgment.
- Why it is brave to be vulnerable and ask for help and support.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Dropping the armor: A journey of transformation with Brenda