We all have needs or things we’re seeking. Sometimes it’s belonging, love, appreciation, or tenderness. Sometimes it’s accountability, ownership, and validation.
Instead of looking externally for these things like we’ve been conditioned to do, I invite you to look inwards. Because friends, the truth is that everything you seek is already inside of you.
Now I know this may sound counterintuitive. Many of my clients are constantly seeking things outside themselves and then they judge themselves when they still don’t feel fulfilled.
Judgement of ourselves or others does not lead to feelings of safety, belonging, or love. It causes shame, the worst emotion available to us. I urge you to consider what you’re seeking in external sources and if it can be found inside.
In today’s episode, I explore the power of asking yourself what you need and then seeking whatever it is inside of you. I promise, what you seek is there inside. But first we have to stop judging ourselves and looking externally. I show you how to do this today and invite you to get curious about why you seek these things from anyone but yourself.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why we need the hard times to feel the good times.
- What the messages I keep around me remind me to do.
- Why we seek what we need in other people.
- What we need to do to be our authentic selves.
- How to stop judging ourselves.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Kelly Rae Roberts: trust + faith to get your right life
- Kelly Rae Roberts
- What do you want? What do you need? [DEEP DIVE]