I’ve spent 14 years asking people how they created what they wanted on this show. In the beginning, I wanted to know what made these people shiny unicorns who were special and could create what they wanted, because I certainly couldn’t.
The truth is, friends, I wasn’t giving myself permission or the space to get clear about what I wanted. And this is what I want to talk to you about today.
Asking yourself “what do I want?” is a really hard question. Many of us will claim that we just don’t know what we want, or we won’t give ourselves a chance to even dream about it.
It requires vulnerability to create what you want. It takes courage to allow yourself to even consider what you want in life. You may think that getting what you want just isn’t in the cards for you, but I’m going to prove you wrong.
In today’s episode, I open up about the ways I never thought I could get what I wanted, whether it be a new car or my dream career, and why that wasn’t true. I know so many of you feel this way, so I’m sharing the exact baby steps you can take to start brainstorming and creating what you want deep inside. 2020 has been rough and the holidays are going to be different, and you can still create anything you want.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The differences between what you want and what you need.
- How to give yourself permission to consider what you want.
- How to stop telling yourself that you don’t know what you want.
- Why it’s so important to mitigate risk.
- What happens when we allow ourselves to make mistakes and fail.
- How to fill yourself up so you can dream, steal, and brainstorm.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up for the waitlist for my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Space: Types and why it’s important [DEEP DIVE]