I couldn’t have done my most recent trip at any other time of my life. I went with 20 of my family members to Korea, 7 households, all different schedules. We took my mom to Korea, her home country.
Sometimes the time to go is now. My mom at 82 had not been back to Korea in 33 years. My intention for this trip was clear. I wanted to see Korea through my mother’s eyes, so she could share her homeland with us, her children, nieces, nephews, and grandchildren.
The trip was full of curiosity, connecting with my family, land, and culture. We were all challenged to have patience, and give attention to the trip’s intention: to be with family.
My friend, my invitation to you this week is to create experiences of a lifetime. Create moments of connection that fuel you and bring you meaning. My family field trip was filled with learning, and beautiful memories. It was an experience of a lifetime.
In this episode, I share the story of my family field trip exploring and connecting with one of my ancestral lands, Korea. I share the highs and lows of the trip, how I supported my health, travel “shit-show” moments, and how I curated my own experience.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why traveling with family is important.
- The importance of knowing “why” and “what” you want to accomplish when traveling.
- How to identify what you need to accomplish your travel goals.
- How the mindset of “Invitation not an Obligation” is helpful.
- Some methods for creating your own experience.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Travel + busy schedules
- Simon Sinek Episode
- VIP Travels