Are you a ‘make it happen’ type of person? When there’s a problem, do you like to find a solution, fix it, and power through? In a culture that rewards hard work and grit, this is how we’re taught to handle problems.
We’re talking all about making it happen, and then surrendering, with my guest today. This episode is part of my Brave Women series where I interview courageous women and hear their insights about what they’ve gone through.
Today I’m talking with Stacia Rusakowicz, entrepreneur and salon owner extraordinaire. Seven years ago, Stacia’s husband got a diagnosis that would change their family and her business forever.
When they first got the diagnosis, Stacia was a ‘make it happen’ kind of person. She had a plan for how her happily ever after would go. But it’s when she realized the power and courage that came with surrendering that her story shifted.
In today’s episode, Stacia shares what it was like for her husband to get a life-changing diagnosis and how she and her family coped with it. Stacia truly is a window into what’s possible when we surrender the battle and instead find courage to accept what is. Friends, I want to let you know that we will be discussing thoughts of suicide in this episode. Remember, we are resilient when we feel our emotions, and you are never alone.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How our culture rewards grit and powering through.
- What Stacia’s husband’s diagnosis was and how it changed their family.
- The fears Stacia had after receiving the diagnosis.
- How she addressed her own grief and surrendered to the moment.
- Where Stacia draws her courage from.
- How she adapted her business after the diagnosis and then again during Covid.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up for the waitlist for my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Stacia Rusakowicz Pomegranate Salon | Instagram