This has been quite the summer, my friends. I’ve cried a lot, felt angry, stressed, overwhelmed, and frustrated. But I’ve also felt curious, empathetic, and in awe. I’ve felt all the feelings this year. If we want to become stronger, braver and more resilient, we need to feel through all of our emotions, the negative and the positive.
It’s normal for us to wish there was a fairy godmother who could wave her magic wand and make everything better. But growth is not easy, it comes with lots of hard stuff. Life is full of challenges, some that we create and some that are part of life.
In my 27 years of coaching, I’ve seen patterns that arise in my clients’ lives and in my own life. One pattern is I see how easily we’re willing to abandon ourselves when things get hard, painful, or uncomfortable. Rather than having our own back, we’re mean to ourselves and assume other people know better.
Your relationship with yourself is the most important one you’ll ever have. Until you love yourself the most, you won’t have the full capacity to love those around you. I struggled with this, but it’s true. Your first job is to love yourself so you have love to give to others.
I invite you to listen in this week and find out why standing with yourself is so important, not just for you but for those you love. It’s all too easy to fall back into ways of abandoning ourselves, but when we do that, we sabotage everything we want. I’m sharing the ways I see myself and others abandoning ourselves and how we can break that pattern. We must all stand with ourselves, be our own best friends, and have our own backs. Because if not you, who?
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why it’s not a bad thing to feel negative emotions.
- How I’ve abandoned myself in the past.
- What abandoning looks like for different people.
- Why standing with yourself doesn’t mean making excuses.
- Why your relationship with yourself is the most important one you’ll ever have.
- How we can get better at standing with ourselves.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Apply for my Be the Leader of Your Life group coaching program!
- My first interview with Brené Brown
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.