I’m bringing a listener favorite back on the podcast today, Hiro Boga. If you’ve listened to any past episodes with Hiro, you will know how beautiful her soul is and how much wisdom she has to share. Her joyful laugh and loving presence make learning about ourselves that much more enjoyable.
In our conversation today, we’re discussing what it means to stand with yourself. This summer has been full of stress and uncertainty and, if you’re like me, lots of tears. We’re exploring what happens when you don’t abandon yourself and instead include all parts of you in the experience.
We all have many versions of ourselves, like our three-year-old selves and our 22 year-old-selves. Each of our selves has their own level of wisdom that they can or cannot bring to a situation. Standing with yourself means standing with each of those selves.
Oftentimes, we abandon ourselves when we give into other people’s desires or for the good of the world. Instead of beating ourselves up for not standing up for ourselves, let’s have patience and compassion for our journeys.
I invite you to listen in to my conversation with Hiro and allow her words to flow through you. Hear her words, but also feel heard in this interview. We’re talking about some high-level concepts here and if some of it goes over your head, that’s perfectly okay. Take the time for yourself to absorb her wisdom, learn about yourself, and discover how to stand with yourself instead of against yourself.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What “self” means and how to stand up for it.
- The work Hiro has done recently for victims of the Holocaust.
- That our selves are not identities but functions.
- How feelings naturally dissolve and become, and nothing is permanent.
- Why tears are so helpful for processing undigested pockets of emotion.
- How to stand with yourself and not against yourself.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Hiro Boga Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads
- Previous episodes with Hiro Boga
- Why Bother? with Jen Louden
- Grab your spot in my live virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.