When we hear about “authenticity,” it sounds like a buzzword that’s meant to tell us that we need to act a certain way. It has become one of those things that we just ignore whenever we hear it.
So when I say to be authentic, I want you to know that changing yourself to be a people pleaser is selling yourself out and only serves to bring down your self-confidence.
Oftentimes we live in fear of other people judging us if we don’t do exactly what they want, but the reality is that other people will always judge. And, ultimately, you have to let them.
If you simply let others judge without giving it much meaning, then you are using less energy being yourself while they waste energy judging.
I want you to join me on this episode as we think about being our most authentic selves and not allowing the judgment of others to use up our precious brain juices.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why we try to be people pleasers and jump through hoops for others in our lives.
- How changing yourself for others can create a spiral of self-hate.
- Why you will feel more energized and motivated when you start showing up as yourself.
- The reasons why you should allow others to judge and why you shouldn’t worry about it.
- Ways to be more empathetic and compassionate in connecting with other people.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Download your free Mindset Practice workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAYS email so you don’t miss an episode!
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community