Sir Isaac Newton has a quote that has really resonated with me lately. He says, “If I had seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” By standing on the shoulders of those came before us, we can see further and achieve more.
Who are the giants whose shoulders you stand on? For me, there have been so many people over the years that have allowed me to stand on their shoulders to get to where I am today.
That’s not to dismiss the hard work you’ve put in or take away from your achievements. It’s about realizing all the seeds that have been planted over your lifetime and the ripple effects that have occurred.
If you’re like me, you have fallen down a lot in this lifetime and you have gotten back up over and over again. But, we did not get back up on our own. We followed the paths of trailblazers who came before us.
In today’s episode, I’m diving deep into the realization that we are who we are and where we are thanks to the giants whose shoulders we stand on. I’m sharing who my giants are and were, and why having giants is so beneficial and beautiful. I hope this episode inspires you to consider the impact you can have and who may need your shoulders to stand on in the future.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How every client I’ve ever coached has stood on the shoulders of giants.
- The importance of recognizing the people who blazed a trail for us.
- What the giants in my life have taught me.
- Why it’s easier to follow an established trail than forge a new one.
- How our privileges are opportunities that come from those before us.
- Why no one is truly self-made.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up for the waitlist for my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.