We are in some challenging times right now, my friends. There’s political issues, racism issues, economic realities, and so much more compounded into our lives. It’s never been so important to learn self-regulation and how to move through your emotions.
One of the ways to do this is through self-care. And, before you shut down the idea with thoughts like “self-care is frivolous” or “I don’t have time for that,” I want you to check in with yourself. How depleted are you, and are you pouring from an empty jug?
Personally, self-care has been a lifesaver during the last few months. It allows me to fuel my mind and body so I can continue to show up for my people, my Aqua Monsters, and for these shows. It allows me to be resilient.
Psst… I have a new Dare to Lead™ program that’s based on Brené Brown’s research. We start November 5th.
Self-care looks different for everyone. What works for you might not work for me. But what matters is that we’re willing to explore and experiment with different forms of self-care. Because when you do find something that works for you, it’s life-changing.
Listen in today as I share why self-care isn’t frivolous or just for the privileged, it’s fundamental. There are plenty of obstacles to getting the self-care we had before Covid, but it’s not impossible. Give yourself permission to experiment and create your own self-care menu. I’m sharing some of my favorite forms of self-care, how I’ve adapted them during the pandemic, and how you can go from depleted to restored today.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why self-care is fundamental, not frivolous.
- What kinds of obstacles Covid has created for our self-care.
- How your inner knowing will tell you if something doesn’t work for you.
- Why letting others help can be self-care.
- How to balance self-care with the busyness of life.
- How to create your own self-care menu.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Apply to my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- The Melt Method
- Sugar with Gary Taubes
- Vinnie Tortorich: America’s Angriest Trainer
- Peloton’s Robin Arzon and Ally Love
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.