I have a special episode for you all today. It’s the first episode in my Brave Women series all about showcasing women whose bravery gives us a window into what’s possible. I want you to hear the episodes in this series and feel inspired to be courageous, and comforted in knowing you are not alone.
My interview today will leave you feeling both inspired and comforted. My friend, Roberta Savage, is a civil rights attorney who specializes in advocating for students with disabilities. She represents students and their families to ensure the student receives the services they need in school.
This career requires a ton of courage from Roberta. As she says, it’s not uncommon for her to walk into a room and know that no one likes her. She faces that situation and others fearlessly because she believes in her clients’ rights to educational services.
Psst… I have a new Dare to Lead™ program that’s based on Brené Brown’s research. We start November 5th.
Bravery doesn’t always look like standing up for the right thing in the face of a public school board. During the pandemic, we’ve all had to channel bravery to get through this. Never discount your courage, friends.
Listen in to today’s interview with Roberta to learn what bravery and courage look like in her life and how it can inspire more in yours. You will discover what fuels Roberta’s courage, how she mitigates risk, and why it’s important to let your family be who they are. Whether you’re a parent of a child with a disability or a listener seeking inspiration, this episode will leave you feeling fueled for courage.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why Roberta is passionate about her career.
- The category of families that Roberta finds struggles the most.
- Why so many parents feel alone in their struggle.
- How both kids and parents use social media to trigger shame.
- What fuels Roberta’s courage.
- How to let your family be who they are.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Apply to my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- Download the free Mindset Practice Workbook
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Roberta Savage