Do you have that one friend who always shows up 15 minutes late? Or that co-worker that expects you to carry more of the workload? Maybe it’s your spouse that says they’ll make more time for you but never actually does. These are all relationships that drag us down.
We all deserve relationships that rise up to meet us wherever we are. That includes spouses, friends, family members, and co-workers. If these people aren’t rising up with us, we end up either doing all the work, dragging them along, or settling for their standards.
Cultivating relationships that rise up to meet us doesn’t mean that we’re better than anyone else or that we’re above them. Friends, it means fostering relationships that include both sides contributing and seeing the value of the other person.
And when your relationships no longer rise up with you, it’s about knowing when to let them go. If you’re tired of being strung along, dragged down, and trying to convince them of your value, you may want to consider this.
In today’s episode, I’m sharing what it means to cultivate relationships that rise up with you. As humans, we are hardwired for connection. But, due to our conditioning, sometimes we settle for less than we deserve. I’m sharing how you can acknowledge where this is happening in your relationships and then decide if you’re willing to tolerate it. Whether you are or not, know that you are worthy of loving, fulfilling relationships no matter what movies or society has taught you.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why making a decision doesn’t mean it’s easy to execute.
- What it means for people to rise up to meet us.
- Why we sometimes settle, drag along, or do all the work in relationships.
- How cultural programming has led women to always be waiting.
- How to set the standards for how you deserve to be treated.
- Why vulnerability is the path to getting what you want.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- The Invisible Soldier DEEP DIVE
- India Arie on Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations Podcast
- Conan O’Brien on The Michelle Obama Podcast
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- Martha Beck
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.