How often do you find yourself doing all the work for someone else’s vision? The word “we” is thrown around in meetings, yet you’re the one taking responsibility for “our” goals and vision. Or, you get an angsty email from someone and you make it your personal mission to solve their problem.
This, friends, is your Invisible Soldier. The part of you that springs into action without asking if you even want to or have the capacity. There is a need, and you would rather get it met than let things get uncomfortable. You might not be conscious of your soldier, but it’s there.
When you let your invisible soldier act, you abandon yourself. Going along to get along is another way of saying your needs and desires don’t matter. Not only are you not heard, but ideas you don’t stand for get the spotlight. Your invisible soldier wants to make sure everyone else is comfortable and happy.
It takes awareness to notice your invisible soldier creeping up. Your brain has been programmed to respect invisible structures, like patriarchy and cultural rules. What would happen if you decided to not let your invisible soldier take control and instead, asked yourself what you want?
In today’s episode, I’m exploring the invisible soldiers inside all of us that are disempowering our voices, needs, and visions. If you’re tired of getting mad at yourself for fulfilling everyone else’s needs but your own, it’s time to consider how much power you’re giving your invisible soldier. Remember, you are not a soldier. You are the leader of your life.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What offloading is and how it shows up in our interactions.
- How your invisible soldier responds to offloading.
- Why the invisible soldier wants to respect and follow invisible structures.
- Why your soldier doesn’t want you to speak out about privilege.
- Why it takes practice to empower your own voice.
- What to do next time your invisible soldier shows up.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- This Is Us – tv show
- Manage your mind and transform your life with my Mindset Journals!
- Grab your spot in my live virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.