There are things we often refrain from doing because we don’t know how to do them. I recently read a book that opened a new window of possibilities for me, helping me see things I wouldn’t have been able to see before.
I am thrilled to welcome Karen Walrond back to the show this week. She has recently published a book Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, and Raise a Little Hell and is here to share how the process of writing it allowed her to see things she hadn’t seen before.
Tune in to learn more about Karen’s unique perspective and her ability to embrace vulnerability while owning her experiences. We cover a range of topics in our conversation, including expressing gratitude, ageism, and the power of journaling. I hope this discussion inspires you to give yourself permission to do what you’ve been refraining from doing, just as reading her book did for me.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How to create joy through expressing gratitude.
- The secret sauce to self-care and self-compassion.
- How writing Radiant Rebellion impacted Karen’s views on aging and ageism.
- Why Karen advocates for being pro-selfish.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to never miss a show
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love columns.
- Karen Walrond: Website | Instagram
- Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, and Raise a Little Hell by Karen Walrond
- Other conversations with Karen:
- Permission + Boundaries with Karen Walrond
- Karen Walrond: Lawyer to Creative Entrepreneur Part 1
- Karen Walrond: Lawyer to Creative Entrepreneur Part 2
- Taking Care of Yourself with Karen Walrond
- Money Love + Fear
- Celebrations with Karen Walrond
- Sexism in the Workplace
- Think for Yourself
- Three Weeks into the New Year… Now What?
- The Thank-You Project: Cultivating Happiness One Letter of Gratitude at a Time by Nancy Davis Kho
- Dr. Kristin Neff