Most of us have ended up spending more time at home this year than we anticipated. Have you found yourself wanting to make your space work better for you? Decluttering is at the forefront of many of our minds, but getting started is intimidating.
Peter Walsh is an author, speaker, educator, and an expert in organizational design. You may recognize him from The Oprah Winfrey Show, OWN Network, and Rachel Ray. In this episode from 2015 Peter and I talk about the benefits of a “less is more” mentality in a “more is more” culture.
The conversation in this interview is about culture, marketing, and the systems that make us want more and more stuff. It’s so easy to get caught up in the enthusiasm of the moment when making purchases, but learning about the mindset behind clutter can help you make fewer unnecessary buys as well as declutter what you already have.
Tune in to hear Peter share many valuable tips including: how to start decluttering, how to set intentions and get what you want out of your space, how to resist buying things because they are on a great sale, and more.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why perfection is a stumbling block that can stop you from getting things done.
- The mindset behind clutter.
- “It’s all a process.”
- What can happen in 10 minutes a day.
- What it’s like being on television.
- We all make real choices. What do you choose to create?
- What happens when people create space in their lives?
- Valuable tips to help you get what you want out of your spaces.