Culturally, we are programmed to believe that once you achieve something, you’ll feel confident. Whether it’s a bestselling book, the job of your dreams, or becoming a star-studded athlete, we believe that when we get there, we’ll be confident.
But even when you hit these high achievements, they aren’t without vulnerability and pain. We think we’re going to feel great and confident all the time, but vulnerability is always present.
Confidence is an inside job. It really comes down to believing in yourself and having that internal self-awareness that you have your own back no matter what, and having self-confidence isn’t a final destination; it’s an ongoing practice in our lives.
I invite you to ask yourself, what do you know about yourself no matter what? When you step into each arena of your life, be aware of your internal self-confidence and understand where you may be seeking assurance and approval from others disguised as confidence.
In this episode, I’m sharing some myths about confidence and giving you some quality questions to ask yourself in the face of vulnerability. Discover what confidence comes down to, the importance of cultivating confidence in your relationship with yourself, and the key to cultivating self-confidence in your life.
If you want some help cultivating confidence, we have a short course that teaches you how to create a practice of managing your mindset and emotions. Click here to learn more and sign up for the Grounded Confidence course.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why you shouldn’t base your confidence on other people’s approval.
- How our bodies know when we’re lying.
- A limiting belief I used to have and how it affected my confidence.
- How to ensure you don’t mistake false bravado for confidence.
- Why it is so important to manage your mindset and understand your emotions.
- How to cultivate confidence.
- What vulnerability is and how it might show up in your life.
- Three things to help you create self-confidence.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.