You are already a leader, even if you don’t think that you are. You may not be in a classic leadership role in your job. You may not think of your role in your family as a leadership role. However, we all have arenas in our lives where we are leaders.
Despite this, so many people struggle with owning being a leader in their lives. Things that get in our way include imposter syndrome, fear of the critics, and a belief that we are supposed to make everybody happy.
Executive coach Michele Woodward joined me in this 2016 episode to discuss all things leadership. We talk about what makes an effective leader, how to recognize arenas in your life where you are a leader, what gets in the way of owning your leadership potential, and more.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What is a leader?
- What gets in the way of your leadership?
- The difference between confidence and arrogance
- Toggling between leader and participant
- The “should”s of leadership
- How to honor your values, strengths, and priorities
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Michele Woodward’s website
- Other episodes with Michelle
- Apply now for my new group: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.