With next week being Thanksgiving, I’m sure many of us have been thinking about how the holidays will look different this year. Depending on where you live, COVID constraints are forcing us to toss aside beloved rituals and traditions and face the unknown.
My family’s holiday traditions have pivoted and evolved over the years. There have been different guests, hosts, dishes served, and family activities. Some years we’re too busy, other years we use the time to slow down.
I invite you to look at how your holidays have evolved over the years and ask yourself if it’s possible that different can also be good. What would happen if you let go of what is “supposed to happen” and got creative with what you can create?
It has been a long eight months of COVID, and we’re coming to the end of a very intense year. It’s important to acknowledge and feel our emotions, and instead of focusing on what can’t be, focus on what can.
Listen in today to find out how I’ve decided to think and plan for the holidays amidst COVID-19 constraints. We have all suffered so much loss this year, but my friends, you get to decide what you want to create with these limitations. You get to control the controllable. I invite you to feel your emotions, move through them, and then decide what you will create for your family this holiday season.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why we all deserve to give ourselves a “yay me” right now.
- How my family’s holidays have evolved over the years.
- Why we need to focus on feeling our feelings first.
- The importance of paying attention to the stories you’re telling yourself.
- The different holiday constraints caused by COVID.
- How to create the holidays you’re longing for.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up for the waitlist for my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.