In my work with clients, I get a backstage pass to the struggles of some really kind, smart, hard-working people. Some of them wouldn’t agree with that description because they’re relentlessly hard on themselves most of the time. That’s one thing they’d probably all agree that they have in common: they constantly feel like they’re not “good enough.”
Which begs the question: What the f*ck is “good enough”?
Most of us are constantly comparing ourselves to some invisible, impossible standard. If we never define what “good enough” means – whether it’s in terms of the money we make, the quality of our relationships, or our health – how can we ever know if we get there?
My guess is that most people never feel like they’ve made it because, once they reach “good enough,” they move the goalpost. It’s a never-ending cycle of not measuring up.
You have to stop arguing with yourself about whether or not you’re good enough. It’s a waste of brain juice and it corrodes your self-compassion.
In today’s (headphones-on) episode, I’m asking you what “good enough” is for you. I’ll walk through why this concept is so shame-triggering for many people and talk about why you are good enough already. We’ll also touch on the importance of accepting our imperfections and our story, why you’ll never be completely free of shame, and why measuring yourself against the “good enough” standard is a distraction + waste of precious time.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why so many high-achievers are incredibly hard on themselves
- How to have your own back when you go into the arena and fall down
- Why you should pause + celebrate when you meet your goals, instead of immediately raising the bar
- Why believing that you’re not good enough is such a massive waste of time and brain power
- How accepting your story + being your own best friend helps you remember that you’re already good enough
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAY email so you don’t miss an episode!
- Simon Sinek: Start with Why [Wisdom Wednesday]
- Brené Brown
- Martha Beck
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community