Do you ever feel like giving up? Maybe you’ve worked so hard on closing a deal and now things are unraveling. Maybe you have a difficult boss and you just want to quit. Or maybe, your marriage has taken a beating in 2020 and you don’t know if you can keep going.
Does any of that sound like you? If it does, I don’t want you to worry. Nothing has gone wrong; it is completely normal and human to want to give up when things get tough.
However, my intention in today’s episode is to give you hope that if you keep going, it will be worth it. 2020 has forced us all to experience tough situations that lead us to consider throwing in the towel.
But what would happen if you didn’t? If you stopped “trying” and just started doing? What would happen if you decided it was worth it, it does matter, and you can do it?
In today’s episode, I’m offering you hope that moving forward will bring you more benefits than giving up will. I’m exploring the different reasons we want to give up, many directly from my clients and what they’re telling themselves. I’ll also share all the reasons why not giving up benefits you and the importance of practicing vulnerability. It’s normal to want to give up, but I challenge you to consider what would happen if you didn’t.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The reasons so many of us have for wanting to give up.
- Why there’s nothing wrong with you for wanting to give up.
- How I’ve wanted to give up this year and in the past.
- Why it’s time to give up the word “trying.”
- What happens when you practice vulnerability.
- Why it’s so important not to give up.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up for the waitlist for my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Three Feet from Gold by Sharon Lechter and Dr. Greg Reid