Friendships can be tricky, especially for adults. We all have a million and one things going on at any time, so finding time to nurture our friendships can be tough. And, we’re all different people with varying expectations, time, needs, and interests. Sometimes, a friend might ghost us – either temporarily or permanently.
If you’ve been ghosted by a friend, you’ve probably asked yourself, “Now what?”
It doesn’t feel good to be ghosted. It can often trigger a lot of mind drama and insecurity. We may feel like our friend ghosted us because we’re too much, or we don’t really fit in, or we did something wrong. But sometimes, ghosting doesn’t have anything to do with you, and is actually a reflection of the place your friend is in.
If you’ve been ghosted (or feel like you have), ask yourself: is my friend at capacity? Is something possibly going on that I don’t know about?
Sometimes our friends may step back from our relationships because they’re at capacity, or because they’re caught up in a shame storm about something that’s going on in their life. But if the ghosting is a consistent practice or you’re finding that you and your friend are misaligned, maybe it’s time to assess the relationship.
Today’s episode answers the question of what you should do if a friend ghosts you. I’ll offer you some questions to ask yourself when this happens that will help you get out of your own mind drama and consider that your friend may not be ghosting you with bad intentions. And I’ll talk about how to understand what you want out of your relationships, how to have courageous conversations with a friend, and what to do if you’re finding that your friendship is no longer a good fit.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Reasons a friend may be ghosting you
- How to get out of your own mind drama around friendship and ghosting
- Why you have to communicate your vision for a relationship to your friends
- Why you shouldn’t compare your friendship with a friend to their relationships with other people
- Questions to ask yourself about ending a relationship
- Why you should treat others how you want to be treated + avoid ghosting other people
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAY email so you don’t miss an episode!
- Come join me for a live Mindset Workshop on July 25th! We’ll be exploring a four-step process for managing your mindset so you can unlock the life you really desire.
- Designated Survivor on Netflix
- “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” – Maya Angelou
- Brené Brown
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community