Well, we’ve made it to 2021. 2020 was challenging in so many different, very real ways. After arguably one of the hardest years in many of our lives, we made it through and now we have a brand new year ahead of us.
While this is exciting, I know many of you are going to struggle with focusing forward. The things in your past still weigh on you, and still hold you back from dreaming.
This is something that I’m constantly coaching my clients on. It is possible to move forward with your life while still honoring and acknowledging your past. It’s when you can only see those things that happened to you that you are unable to focus forward.
My invitation to you is to hear this episode and give yourself the permission to start dreaming. What’s your vision for your future? What do you want for yourself? Who do you want to be?
In today’s episode, I’m sharing some ways you can reset, get present, and focus forward. I challenge you to notice how you talk to yourself, how you respond to obstacles in your path, and how you take care of yourself. Just like Dorothy, we all have a yellow brick road that leads to our vision, and there will be obstacles along the way. My hope for you is that you allow yourself to dream and follow your path without being held back by your past.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How Ted Lasso is a great example of having forward focus.
- Why focusing forward does not mean hiding from your past.
- How to overcome the inevitable obstacles in your path.
- Why it’s so important to take care of yourself.
- Why you don’t need a clear vision to start following your path.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up for the waitlist for my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Ted Lasso – tv show
- The Good Place – tv show
- The Crown – tv show
- All Rise – tv show
- Grey’s Anatomy – tv show