Change is difficult. Not only are you often working to reshape old habits and create something entirely new – you have to defeat obstacles in your own brain, too.
We often get in our own way when we’re trying to change by “story fondling” and looking for negative evidence about our abilities. Instead of focusing on the many little ways we’ve created positive changes in our lives, we focus on all the ways we fail to change.
You won’t change if you don’t truly believe that you can do it. First, you have to believe it if you want to achieve it.
To believe that you can change, you need to put your internal critic on pause. You need to look for evidence of your competence and history of successful changes. And you have to see obstacles as an inevitable and beneficial part of your journey.
It’s much easier to believe in yourself when things are going well. But you have to believe in your ability to change even when things are difficult.
This episode is all about how and why you should believe that change is possible for you. I’ll break down the step-by-step process for believing that you are capable of change and how to be kind with yourself along the way.
Do you want to take what you’ve learned from this episode to the next level? Check out my ENOUGH coaching program. Together, we combine the concepts and lessons from this show with coaching to go way beyond intellectual learning. You’ll learn to silence critical internal voices that tell you you’re not enough, integrate self-love into your everyday life, and build resilience against shame and other difficult experiences. The next group begins in April 2019 – join me and create your most badass self!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How we use story fondling to keep ourselves stuck and resist the changes we dearly want
- Why self-belief about your capacity for change is a key ingredient for making sustainable changes
- Why you should speak to yourself like you would speak to a dear friend or a revered elder
- How to create evidence of change by noticing all the small things you’ve done to create change (no change is too small!)
- How failure encourages us to choose between believing that change is impossible or that failure is a chance to learn about ourselves
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Ready to join the ENOUGH program? Join the waitlist for the April 2019 ENOUGH program.
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Success [DEEP DIVE]
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community