When you hear the word “success,” what image does it conjure up for you? How does it make you feel? The concept of success is supposed to be motivating, but for many of us, it triggers tons of doubt, shame, and negative self-talk.
I have some good news about success: it can look like whatever you want it to look like.
You get to decide what success means because you’re the leader of your own life. Nobody else gets to determine what success means for you.
There are plenty of other misconceptions about success in our society, too. One particularly challenging one – the idea that success is only built on top of other successes.
Success is built on a pile of failures. You’ve got to fail – a lot – and keep learning, growing, and challenging yourself if you really want to feel successful. This can apply to any part of your life, including work, home, and money.
Failure is an integral part of success, and it makes the moment you achieve your goal even sweeter. But you have to learn how to fail with curiosity and a growth mindset, rather than beat yourself up about it.
For this episode, I’m talking all about success, how to define it for yourself, and how to shut out all the noise about what you “should” do if you want to be “successful”. I’ll also share my advice about how to clarify your ambivalent goals (e.g. “I want to make a lot of money!”), how to respond to failure, and how to notice the stories you’re telling yourself about failure.
Do you want to take what you’ve learned from this episode to the next level? Check out my ENOUGH coaching program. Together, we combine the concepts and lessons from this show with coaching to go way beyond intellectual learning. You’ll learn to silence critical internal voices that tell you you’re not enough, integrate self-love into your everyday life, and build resilience against shame and other difficult experiences. You’ll be notified when the next ENOUGH group opens – join me and create your most badass self!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How we can use success as a weapon against ourselves, rather than as a motivational tool
- Why success isn’t a single achievement or an upward spiral
- How to get really clear on your values and priorities and ensure your definition of success aligns with them
- Why having ambivalent goals can make it harder for us to feel like we’re successful
- Why having a safe place to fail is incredibly important for kids and adults alike
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Ready to join the ENOUGH program? Join the waitlist to the ENOUGH program.
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Finis Youth Goggles
- How to stop approval whoring [DEEP DIVE]
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community