Do you ever feel like you’re the only one experiencing hardship? You might look at the people around you and think that they are so far ahead of you and you are falling behind, which can trigger feelings of shame.
Shame and a lack of belonging can be infectious. Without bringing awareness to them, they can fester and catch a life of their own.
I’ve been confronted with these feelings many times in my life, but specifically in my days of summer camp.
As you listen, I invite you to notice when you’re making an unfair judgment of yourself by undervaluing your experience or your feelings.
Tune in and discover how to bring awareness to your limiting stories, question them, and intentionally choose to own them. Learn why a lack of belonging can keep you from being present, how to get clear with your stories to make sure none of your own beliefs are holding you back, and why we sometimes find belonging in the most unlikely circumstances.
Unleash your full potential and become the leader you were born to be with Dare to Lead™. Use the button below to schedule your call with me.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why being dismissive is harmful.
- How lack of belonging can be used as a weapon.
- How to confront our negative stories.
- Examples of harmful comparisons in the brain.
- When (and why) our brains make up stories.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Would you like Koren to come to your city? Sign up and submit your town for a Dinner Party!
- Apply for coaching with me! I have 1-on-1 and group coaching opportunities this fall
- How to lean into resistance
- Swimming World Magazine February 1986 Issue