Something I’ve noticed about many of my clients is that no matter how much success they achieve, there’s always someone farther ahead. No matter how far they’ve come, they’re still behind.
Questioning if you’re successful “enough” inevitably leads to compare and despair. And this sends you down a spiral of shame, when the truth is, you are winning.
We are all in our own races, our own lanes. Our capacities change with the seasons of our lives, and the finish line can evolve over time. However, our conditioning, mentors, and peers can impact what we define as winning.
I invite you to evaluate what winning means to you and if it actually leads to fulfillment. Are you pleasing yourself, or the voice in your head that isn’t aligned with where you’re going? Are you seeing your race through the lens of self-love and compassion?
In today’s episode, I encourage you to consider whose race you’re competing in, and if you even want to be there. There is so much growth and fulfillment to be found when we choose our own race and stay in our authentic lanes. I’m sharing how you can find clarity around this and what to do when you start focusing backward. Remember, you are worthy right now, right here, win or lose.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How your capacity to compete changes.
- Why it’s important to know what you’re measuring.
- What will give you clarity in this race.
- Why you should write down next year’s criteria now.
- How to stay rooted in self-love.
- What to do when you notice yourself focusing backward.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Sign up for the waitlist for my new courage building program: Dare to Lead™, based on the research of Brené Brown.
- Mindset Journal
- Get my on demand virtual workshop on Trusting Yourself!
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.