Compassion is the biggest motivator for change.
Compassion is the pathway to growth … and to blowing your mind about what’s possible for YOU.
This is counter to the culture.
We were taught to beat ourselves up. To hate on ourselves. To make ourselves small. And then, maybe, you will achieve!
That’s totally wrong. And there’s plenty of research to prove it!
Our relationship with ourselves is foundational. There’s no need to beat yourself up because you aren’t currently being compassionate. Practicing self-compassion is something we ALL have to practice, especially in the areas where we are challenging ourselves.
Growth is painful.
It’s much easier to not be great.
- You don’t challenge your brain.
- You don’t challenge your status quo.
- You can hide.
A lot of people choose to hide in their life.
- One way to justify this is by blaming others – bosses, colleagues, spouses, family members..
- One way to justify this is to believe that all that’s impossible for oneself.
- One way to justify this is to numb with food, drugs/alcohol, relationships, netflix, phones, social media, work, etc
However deep down we know our painful truth….we want more for ourselves. And that is some scary shit!
We have forgotten how great it is when once we are on the other side … and we obtain our goal….BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD
- The path to getting there is not easy.
- The path to getting there exposes all of our clutter
- The path to getting there is filled with fallen down moments.
- The path to getting there is filled with the choices we make after those fallen down moments.
- The path to getting there is the courage we use to get back up and continue.
- The path to getting there is believing hard in ourselves.
Again it’s who you become in the process of obtaining your goals that’s so empowering.
- The relationship you have with yourself becomes transformed.
- You become someone you can rely on.
- You become someone who has your own back.
- You become someone who owns your truth about the areas in which you SUCK!
- You become someone who owns your strength.
- You become someone who loves all of you…your strengths as well as the areas in your life where you totally suck (we all do).
The thing is when you really show up in your life….You are fully alive.
Really, is there any other option?
P.S. Ready for more? Check out my on-demand workshop, Trusting Yourself.