You live by rules.
You’ve accepted these rules as LAW.
You let these rules govern you without questioning.
You haven’t even considered these rules may not be TRUE.
These rules create pressure inside of you.
What rules am I talking about?
- Be a good girl and you will be enough.
- Be successful and you will be happy.
- Be who others want you to be so you’ll be safe and included.
So you sacrifice and do things to be considered good … yet you hate doing those things.
So you become successful in your career … yet you’re exhausted + hate your job.
So you are a chameleon so you can be accepted … yet you are afraid they will find out the real you and exclude you.
Let’s consider these rules.
- Are they absolutely true?
- Do you believe in them?
- Where did these rules come from … cultural programming? Growing up in your family?
Now consider … what do you want to believe?
- What is YOUR rule to finally be enough?
- What creates happiness for you?
- Who are you so you feel safe and included by you?
You can make up your own rules instead of living with the pressure of other people’s rules controlling your life.
By creating your own rules…you will reduce the pressure inside of you.
By considering what you believe…you will value your opinion.
By deciding on what you want to believe…you empower yourself!
P.S. Need help creating awareness about the rules you haven’t questioned and creating your own rules? It’s time to work together! Let’s do some coaching. Apply HERE!