We all face difficulties from time to time, and many of us are experiencing them right now. But so often, we downplay them or feel shame about them, because we believe that other people have it worse.
Everybody goes through hard things. But beating yourself up and thinking what you go through isn’t that hard because someone else has it worse is not helpful. It is so important to show yourself compassion and self-care during these times.
When I used to think about self-care, I would think of manicures and pedicures. But self-care is so much more than that and it’s a crucial component in helping us get through hard times.
If you are going through something right now, my invitation to you is to remember that you are not alone. Everybody faces difficulties and recognizing this enables you to fill yourself up so you can move forward.
Tune in this week and hear why self-care is so important in dealing with the hard stuff and how to remember you are not alone. I’m sharing what self-care means to me, how to establish what it looks like for you, and the importance of giving yourself time to play during hard times.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- When self-care might become a problem.
- How to take your energy and funnel it into something constructive.
- The problem with beating yourself up while experiencing hard things.
- How to take the key learnings from hardships.
- Why going through hard stuff makes you grow as a person.
- The importance of creating space to play in your life.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.