Each one of us is experiencing this pandemic in our own way. Some of us have never been more stressed out and anxious, others are living on a razor’s edge. No matter what your situation is, we all need a little more self-compassion and kindness right now.
One of the ways to show yourself compassion is with permission slips. If you’ve ever watched Brené Brown on Oprah, you know what these are. My friends, what do you need to give yourself permission for right now?
Perhaps you need permission to make mistakes. You might need permission to be emotional, to be messy, or to be deserving of space. For me, I needed permission to receive help and support.
As children, we would ask someone with more power than us for permission to play outside, to have a snack, to go to the bathroom. Today, you are the person with power in your own life.
In today’s episode, I’m unpacking what it means to give yourself permission. I’m sharing how I took small steps to give myself permission to leave the prison of my emails. By circling back on what you learned, allowing the steps to occur, and writing it down, you can give yourself the compassion you’re very deserving of right now.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why we all need more compassion, regardless of our situations.
- Why we’re often encouraged to be unemotional in our careers.
- How to give yourself permission to live outside of how you were programmed.
- The power of journaling the first drafts of your permission slips.
- Why small steps and circling back are key to giving yourself permission.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Start your journaling practice today with my new Mindset Journal
- Station 19 – tv show
- The Book of Joy by Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu
- Sign up for my new course: How to Feel Grounded Confidence
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.