Raise your hand if you think putting your needs first is selfish. Raise your hand if you don’t have time for it. Raise your hand if you don’t think you need anything. If you raised your hand, your resistance to caring for yourself is preventing you from being vulnerable.
We all need something, but many of us don’t allow ourselves to get vulnerable enough to ask. What do you need right now?
When I asked myself this recently, I came up with an entire list of things I might need. Permission to take a break from work, to cry, to feel, to sleep, and to laugh all made the list.
I know that your limiting beliefs are causing you to resist caring for yourself. The uncertainty of this pandemic is making you not want to feel vulnerable. I get it.
But, as Brené Brown said, vulnerability is the path to the life you desire.
In this week’s episode, I’m asking you what you need. And, I want you to answer. I’m giving you three ways to figure out what you’re needing and a long list of things that might meet those needs. Sometimes, all you need to do is ask for what you need from someone you trust. I’m talking about how to embrace vulnerability and answer this very important question.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How the media you consume can drain your brain juice.
- The limiting beliefs you may have around self-compassion.
- My 3 ways of figuring out what you need.
- How to ask for what you want without demanding or obligating.
- How to be vulnerable during an uncertain time.
- That you can do hard things, be vulnerable, and be courageous.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Reserve your spot in my upcoming virtual How to Manage Your Mindset workshop!
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Download your free Mindset Practice workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAYS email so you don’t miss an episode!
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community