While I was on vacation, we went biking as a family. My kids have biked their whole lives, we feel really comfortable, and I am proud that my family has such a great skillset when it comes to this.
I have two collegiate athlete daughters, aged 20 and 22. They are young, fit, strong, and fast, and nowadays, I’m not at that level. I am a middle-aged woman and I move much more slowly. So I wanted to hire an E-Bike.
I sought validation and permission from my family, and when I didn’t get it, I began telling myself stories about my needs not being met. I became angrier that somebody else was preventing me from getting something that I needed, but then I realized that I was blaming them for something that wasn’t their fault.
I invite you to consider, how often do you stop yourself from doing something because you think other people aren’t allowing you to do it? Where in your life do you not give yourself your own permission? I encourage you to own your voice and put forward what you need, regardless of what other people think.
Join me this week as I share more about my experience with the e-bike and the key learnings I had from this experience. Hear how I learned to unpack the stories I was holding on to, and why it is so important to state your needs and stop waiting for permission and validation from other people.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- What I have learned from traveling with my 22 and 20-year-olds.
- How I learned to stop waiting for other people to give me permission or validation.
- Where your beliefs that you aren’t allowed to do or have something come from.
- How to see the stories you are telling yourself and take responsibility for them.
- Why you are not weak for needing something and expressing that need.
- How to get out of victim mindset.
- Why the only person you need permission and validation from is yourself.
- How to tell if you are giving your power away.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.