As a life and leadership coach, I get the privilege and honor of hearing about what really goes on in people’s lives behind the smile. I get to see behind the I’m fine, behind the facades of success.
It is so easy for us to look at other people’s highlight reels and assume what’s going on, but there is often pain and struggle underneath. It could look like people are happy and successful, but underneath, many of us are not okay.
There are parts of life that are hard, and we are not okay. But not being okay doesn’t have to be a devastating ending, it’s a current situation of where you are today. And getting insight into your status, and developing self-awareness and understanding are key to helping you manage those times when you are not okay.
My invitation for you is to check in with yourself and ask yourself how are you really? If you aren’t okay, recognize it and own it. Instead of pretending you’re okay or thinking things should be different, think about what it means to not be okay and really lean into that space.
Join me this week and find out why it is okay not to be okay right now, and why it doesn’t mean you are weak, ill, or doing something wrong. I’m showing you how to meet yourself where you are, acknowledge your own status and take care of yourself, and sharing the importance of giving yourself permission to feel your feelings.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- One of the things I wish I could tell my younger self.
- Some obstacles that are huge in this area.
- What gaslighting is and why it may lead you to not being okay.
- The importance of checking in with yourself and giving yourself permission to not be okay.
- Why it is so important to normalize not being okay.
- How you can achieve great results in your life and not be okay.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor
- Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor: Stroke of insight
- Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow by Elizabeth Lesser