We are inundated by pop culture on all sides; it’s impossible to miss. We get these sneak peeks into how we imagine other people are living all the time. For me, I watched a lot of TV growing up (and still do), so I had all these beliefs about how life should be.
When we get sucked into television and those curated lives, we are paralyzed by the realization that our lives don’t look that perfect.
Today, we’re talking about why comparing yourself to characters on television is so easy, yet so paralyzing for accepting your true life. While it can be a fun pastime, getting too invested can be bad for your self-image.
By watching and comparing our lives to fictional ones, we create beliefs that have no real basis in reality.
Tune in and let’s think about how we can enjoy stories without undermining our own ability to live imperfect lives!
Download this week’s worksheet here and turn insight into action!
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why our views can be skewed by the television we watch
- What television does to our creative and imaginative capacity
- Why comparing your life to others (especially from TV) is dangerous
- How popular culture can create prison walls in your life
- How to watch TV without letting it create beliefs for you
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- FREE WORKSHEET: TV paralyzes you
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.
- Download your free Mindset Practice workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Sign up for my WISDOM WEDNESDAYS email so you don’t miss an episode!
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community