I am turning 50 next month, and I’m pretty excited about it. When I used to think about 50, it meant old. But what it really means now as I almost reach it is so different.
As I enter my 50th year, there is one priority that I am focusing on: myself.
When it comes to birthdays, there are cultural and societal expectations of what you should and shouldn’t do, as well as tons of judgments surrounding them. But my birthday is a gift to me, and I am treating it as such for my 50th year around the sun.
Thinking about birthdays, I invite you to consider, what is possible for you? What do you want from your day, from your experience? What do you truly desire and what can you do to get it?
In this episode, I’m sharing what I’ve learned over recent years and some of the changes I’m making in my life as I turn 50. Hear how I have started to become the woman who is taking extraordinary care of herself, how I stopped buying into societal expectations, and why you should stop waiting to be found and start owning what you want in your life.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- How I have been practicing becoming my own priority.
- One of the commitments I have made as I reach my 50th.
- A way that we stay small in our life.
- Some wisdom from Byron Katie that has aided me throughout my life.
- The importance of acknowledging disruption to yourself, even if you can’t change the circumstance that caused it.
- Some examples of what extraordinary self-care looks like in my life.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.