How often have you considered leaving your job to start something new? Maybe you have an amazing career but are yearning to know what else is out there for you. You are not alone.
Tess Vigeland is a veteran journalist and a well-known voice to millions of American radio listeners. For eleven years, Tess was the host of Marketplace Money. Tess is also the author of: Leap: Leaving a Job with No Plan B to Find the Career and Life You Really Want.
After climbing a tall ladder of success, Tess left NPR and has been on her own “hero’s journey.” In this interview, which originally aired in 2015, Tess and I discuss her book, what it is, and is not. It’s really the truth about leaving.
“I am not the only one who has externally the most incredible career, opportunity and love for what I do and yet still wonders what else must be out there,” says Tess in this episode.
Listen in to this episode to learn about the blueprint that most of us want, the truth about leaving, how self-compassion and common humanity can guide you in the hardest times, and more.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The blueprint we all want
- The truth about leaving
- How to prepare emotionally and psychologically
- How to learn what you need to know
- How self-compassion and common humanity play a role
- Why we look for external validation and judgment
- How to make the leap
- How to deal with uncertainty
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Tess Vigeland at WDS
- Book: Leap: Leaving a Job with No Plan B to Find the Career and Life You Really Want
- Tess Vigeland website
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates, Sunday Love letters, and Wisdom Wednesdays.