I don’t do interviews much anymore, but sometimes I come across someone with a story that I think my audience just has to hear. That’s exactly what happened with today’s guest, Tembi Locke, when I read her memoir From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Home.
Tembi is an actress, mother, and now author. She lives in LA but has spent time in Sicily with her husband and his family. Tembi was studying abroad in Italy when she met the man who would become her husband.
Their love broadened their perspectives while also challenging familial ties, cultural traditions, and expectations about how life is supposed to go. After the loss of her husband to cancer, she and her entire family had to learn how to keep moving even as grief was an overwhelming force in their lives.
Tembi’s story is one of courage, connection, loss, and grief. But more than anything, it’s a story about the power of love to help us build bridges to other people and through difficult times.
I was so struck by Tembi’s warmth and willingness to share her journey with the world – and with us right here. She shares so much with us in this interview and I have no doubt that she’ll be back.
Your voice matters! Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in iTunes. Tell me what you love and why you’re here and maybe you’ll hear a shoutout to YOU in a future episode!
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why Tembi decided to write a memoir about her life, husband, and his passing
- How she and her husband dealt with early familial challenges in their marriage
- Why Tembi believes the work of life is to build and repair our relationships with other people
- How she and her husband rebuilt connection to his family after they had been estranged, and why it was so fortunate they built these ties before his diagnosis
- The different expressions of grief Tembi and her family dealt with upon losing her husband
- How the love of her life has made her a braver person who’s even more dedicated to bringing love into every aspect of her life
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- If you want to start cultivating your ENOUGHness sign up HERE to get weekly SUNDAY LOVE + FRIDAY PODCAST and so much more…
- Download your free MINDSET PRACTICE workbook HERE (includes Feelings Menu)
- Tembi Locke
- From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home by Tembi Locke
- Brené Brown
- Betsy Rapoport: The Writer’s Journey
- Martha Beck
- The Summer Day by Mary Oliver
- Connect with me on Instagram!
- Join our Facebook community