Summer is here for many of us, and I can already hear what’s in the back of so many women’s heads: What will I wear?
There is a lot of cultural programming as well as systems in place that were created to make us think a specific way about ourselves and our bodies. We fall into the trap of listening to these outside opinions of what other people tell us we should be and look like, instead of what we think about those things.
We have the diet industry that tells us how we’re supposed to eat. We have a society that tells us how we are supposed to look. But what about what we want? What about what we think?
It is time to stop being a taker of our bodies and become a giver instead. Being a giver to our bodies is about listening to ourselves and having the self-awareness of what is our voice versus the cultural programming we have received for so long. My invitation to you is to stop adhering to cultural and societal programming, stop beating yourself up, and start to be a giver to your body.
In this episode, I’m sharing what it looks like to be a taker of our bodies, and some examples of how to be a giver instead. I’m sharing some ways you can give to your bodies and take exquisite care of yourself, and how to ignore the cultural programming and prioritize what feels good for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why we feel so much shame around showing our bodies.
- Some examples of the cultural programming we have received around our bodies.
- What anxiety fatigue is and how so many people are experiencing it.
- The importance of owning your story.
- Why sleep and rest are so important.
- How I have had to unlearn cultural programming in my own life.
- Some ways I am giving back to my body.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Brené Brown Letting Go of Perfection and Loving Yourself