Why are our achievements overshadowed by our perception of the time taken to reach them? Too often, we judge ourselves or compare our journey to that of others before celebrating our victories.
The truth is, we often only see other people’s achievements from the outside and don’t see the invisible structure behind their wins. In such cases, we miss a lot of context and may set unrealistic expectations. We have this magical thinking that it will be easy to do.
This week, I look at how stealth expectations get in the way of achieving our goals and instead bring fear and shame in how we perceive ourselves.
My friend, I invite you stop judging yourself and the time it takes to achieve your goals. Instead, let’s unlearn viewing some aspects of your path to success as negative and learn to be compassionate with yourself. Life is already difficult as it is, being your own obstacle will only make things harder.
Tune in this week for some questions to ask yourself to break the pattern of self-judgment. Learn how to nurture the feeling of self-love, as well as respect for your journey towards achieving your big dreams and goals.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- The tools you need to stop judging yourself.
- What stealth expectations are and why you should avoid them.
- How to focus on what you can learn from your experiences.
- What a support system that allows a person to achieve big things looks like.
- Why goals are a day-to-day journey.
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Make sure you subscribe to the show and leave a review in Apple Podcasts
- Sign up here to receive Friday Podcast updates and Sunday Love letters.
- Apply for coaching with me! I have 1-on-1 and group coaching opportunities this fall
- Hidden Potential by Adam Grant
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown
- Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
- Anne Lamott